LOW CARB CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD - SERVES 4
Who said salads have to be boring? This fresh and zesty dish can be eaten warm or boxed up as delicious meal prep. If you’re going with the latter we just recommend adding the chicken to the salad once it’s cooled, to avoid your leaves going soggy - it can then be kept for up to 3 days in the fridge. At 644 calories and 66g of protein, it makes the perfect post workout dinner.
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp. Salt
4 Chicken Breasts skinless, boneless
1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 oz Anchovy fillets minced, optional
1/2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt or to taste
1/4 tsp. Ground Pepper or to taste
4 Hard-boiled eggs peeled and quartered
1 large Romaine or Cos lettuce chopped into large pieces
2 medium Avocado pitted and chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shaved or grated
- Whisk olive oil, oregano, and the salt to a small mixing bowl. Place the chicken breast into a ziplock bag, pour the prepared rub, and seal the bag. Gently press the marinade around the chicken to coat evenly. Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 1 hour. When you are ready to cook the chicken take it out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature before cooking (around 15 minutes).
- Mix all the dressing ingredients to a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Heat a large skillet or a grill over medium-high heat. Cook the marinated chicken for 8 to 10 minutes without moving, flip and cook for another 6-8 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown.
- While the chicken is cooking, boil the eggs for around 8 minutes. Chop the lettuce into large pieces and slice the avocado into chunks.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from the pan/grill and transfer to a cutting board. Allow it to sit for a few minutes, then slice and set aside.
- Peel and slice the eggs into quarters and set aside.
- For assembling, place the chopped lettuce and avocado in a large salad bowl. Add eggs and sliced chicken.
- Drizzle the prepared dressing all over the chicken. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper, if needed.
Saturated Fat: 7g
Vitamin A: 1518IU
Vitamin C: 17mg