CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM RICE BOWL - SERVES 4
- 480ml boiling water
- 32g Porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 chopped onion
- 225g cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 155g of uncooked rice
- 280g frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Mix the 480 ml boiling water and porcini mushrooms; let stand for 20 minutes. Drain through a sieve over a bowl, reserving soaking liquid for later. Next chop the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Marinate the chicken evenly with paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the chicken mixture to the pan; saute for 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Then remove the chicken from the pan.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add the onion and cremini mushrooms; season with the remaining salt and pepper; cook for roughly 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the reserved porcini liquid held back in step 1, chopped porcini, and rice; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the reserved chicken, peas, and thyme. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the rice and chicken is done.
Fat 12.8 g
Carbs 40.7 g
Fiber 6.1 g
Protein 30.8 g